5/22/2006

The Last Few Books

Here are the stories, novellas, novels, that I have read of late:

1. The Haunted Hotel by Wilkie Collins

2. The Guilty River by Wilkie Collins

3. The Awakening by Kate Chopin


and I am currently reading The Magician by W. Somerset Maugham.


I am a bit frazzled lately because we are moving in eight days. It is not even eight days anymore. More like seven and a half. I am a little freaked. I have tons of packing done so we are eating odd things to clear out the frige and of course we are eating on plastic plates and drinking out of plastic cups. I am also teaching school while this is going on because there is absolutely NOTHING to do. I am a planner, actually, so I have packed everything except a few games and some toys. The kids are just having complete cabin fever. The house actually echoes.

Dear Sir has a lot of workload at his company so it looks like he is going to be gone a lot this week, which is fine. There is not much to do around here anyway!

My youngest son is currently wandering around the house wailing. I think he can't find a precious notebook or magazine. I don't think I packed it. No, I didn't.

I didn't think I packed the clippers either though when Dear Sir was looking for them. I could go insane hearing this kid wail on and on. It is tweaking my nerves, seriously. We will all suffer the wailing and long fingernails on account of the move. Ok, I better go. It just keeps getting worse. Can't go on...I'm...break..ing....up....

No comments: