11/07/2006

Tonight

Tonight is the night; I will be singing for the Einsteins and passing out a few t-shirts (with my name on them, which is absolutely hilarious). I really, really hope it goes well. In one of the songs I have to sing a Beatles song where Paul McCartney belts it out and I just can't scream like he can. In fact, I don't know how to scream. I don't think I ever have before.

My kids have never seen me sing in a live concert setting either, so it will be fun for them to see me up there. Dear Sir is going to try to get a little video action in and bring the camera. I have to be sure to bring myself a bottle of red wine "for the road". Plus, to make things even BETTER when I sing, and to really smooth the pipes, I make sure I eat a huge bacon cheeseburger before going up. Works like a charm. That was some advice from a record producer that never produced a record for me---probably because I really suck. But I won't let that stop me from singing and making a fool of myself in public. I enjoy it too much.

IF the concert goes well and say, a recording of it is passable, maybe I will put a song or two on my music site. Who knows. And then it is very possible that I will get onstage, trip over a cord and break my butt.

You just never know.

If you are local, come see me.

6 comments:

Funky-Redhead said...

Break a leg! I've no doubt you'll be awesome!

Emily said...

Totally wish I could be there but dh is out-of-town and I couldn't swing it this time.

It'd be cool to see your set list.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Not a local... *Rats*

Ryan Seacrest? *Shudder*

Redneck Nerdboy! said...

Break your butt! Haha! You have the best way with words.

Badoozie said...

i'm local but not in a good way......can't wait to hear about the buttbreakage, followed by the wine consumption, followed by maybe you doing stuff that is unmentionable here...followed by FBI knocking at your door, followed by me having to track you down, followed by me changing my name to jessica simpson

R said...

I don't get the connection to Ryan Seacrest either. Double shudder.

You betta then Jessica Simpson, Susie!