11/04/2006

Loss

Lately I just want to walk around in sweats or at least running clothes and do nothing. I don't want to put on jeans or khakis, or anything that does not have an elastic waist. I am not really getting it. I don't want to wear any of the clothes I have except stuff that resembles a sweatshirt, sweats, or sweatshirts and sweats. They are the only things that come to mind.

I have always been a person that has put on some make up, but you know, I don't even care lately. I don't even care if my hair is "done" as in straightened or even curly with some mousse in it or something. I feel like I am slowly getting lazy. I don't know if I just need new clothes or if I need to go crazy and run like a crazy person like I did during the summer or what.

And I just noticed yesterday that my hair used to be thick and now it isn't. Weird, huh?

I am losing my mind, I am losing my hair, I am losing my wits, I am losing my gumption...

That's it. I have to run tonight. Get on the old treadmill.

Homeschooling mothers---is this a normal thing? I know that Jennifer has struggled with this---

I tell Dear Sir that I want to wear nothing but sweats and he says, "Good. Sweats are awesome." When I know I look terrible he says, "You look nice!" I am literally taken aback, look at myself and what I have on and say, "Huh?"

I have a good husband. And we are both on crack, I guess.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

All part of being a woman, dearie! *Wink*

Badoozie said...

except if you were on crack, you'd think you looked good in holy sweats from the garbage can.

so, lets just say you're going through a "phase" and you'll come out of it soon. i've done that, went through times where i didn't want to wear anything but soft stretchy things. jeans are so constricting. i've got some really cute jeans lately so i'm pretty much doing better about putting them on when i leave the house.

and also i had to work so i had to get nice clothes too. so i look nice sometimes too. i always try to look nice for court, because thats where all my homies hang, now i'm writing comments longer than your post, i'll shut up

shealyisnottheantichrist said...

To survive long term as a homeschool mom, you have to take care of yourself. This means doing what it takes to cheer yourself up, sometimes taking a day off unexpectedly or buying yourself a small gift from time to time, if you can afford it. If running cheers you up, then by all means, run. Grab those adorable kids of yours and give them a hug, and tell them Aunt M. is missing them.

Natalie said...

i get more compliments from my husband wearing sweats and his shirt than i do when i get dress up... does that make me weird, or him?! =)

Natalie said...

i just realized that my comment looks funny, it should say "i get more compliments from my husband when i am wearing!" oops. sorry. =)

Redneck Nerdboy! said...

Oh, jeans or sweatpants, so long as your barefoot, you've got my complete attention!

Haha!
Always,
Jas...

R said...

It is very good to know I am not alone. Whew. I was starting to feel a little silly.

Shealy---good advice. I went and got a haircut yesterday and I feel a little better.

Aunt Jo said...

You sound like the female version of George Costanza! haha

Aunt Jo said...

not that it's a bad thing......

do you need some more adult interaction?

R said...

Aunt Jo---I MAY need more adult interaction, but I kind of don't want that much. I am getting too used to not having much of it. Although I think I do get some.

Thankfully I am not as annoying as George and I am not balding. Well, losing hair, but not balding, eh? AND---I am not so ugly that people wonder why the heck I even have a significant other, so that is comforting.

I think I just need to get off my butt and run for a bit, that is all.