3/10/2006

A Turn in the Garden

Too much to write about today. Ugh. The weather is so nice today, it is incredible. I never thought I would be crazy enough to say this. I hate warm, sunny weather. The past couple of weeks it has been a bit gloomy (my particular favorite) but this has been the time when I have been the most irritated and to be frank, full of bad things. I decided to start fresh like my husband always tells me, "As a Christian, you have the amazing ability to start again---we can always start again, Rachel.." and hello, the day is bright, the wind is cool and refreshing, and I feel almost as cleansed on the outside as I feel on the inside. Some fresh air running through your house is a reel of the senses. I now understand what all the Victorian novelists would say when they would write a character saying, "Let's take a turn in the garden and catch the fresh air!"

My oldest friend Ann told me that living in WI is very depressing to her (she is from California). It is gloomy all the time for about nine months and when she gets just one peek of sun or brightness through her windows she is practically jumping for joy. It makes all the difference. I so understand her at this moment. All I can think of right now is grilling outside, cutting grass, going to the pool, reading books, and drinking iced tea. I like the fact that I can run outside at later times. I like that a lot. I so look forward to that.

I look forward to vegetables in season----even if they have to be cooked---I have this insatiable craving for them.

Life is good. God has given us so many beautiful things to enjoy.

I really do not like the sun though. I hate squinting. Ok, ok, ok, I will try to keep the good thoughts coming...

No comments: