3/07/2006

Irritable

I am really irritable today. I have been noticing it so that means it is bad. I had to take the kids to a million places and when we were at a store I pretty much ran over my daughter with the shopping cart when I was in line and I was about to give her the what for until this nice lady behind me laughed when I looked at my girl and so I said, "umm, are you ok?" My girl walked off like it was nothing.

Yesterday I was irritable too. I think THAT was because I woke up entirely on the wrong foot. Children yelling at me at 6:45 a.m. from downstairs. I was about to spontaneously combust. I am not a morning person. School has been challenging. I receive a whine every time I correct any incorrect work, a huff anytime I say, "pull out the book!" and so on. Pulling teeth. I always say that. But it is true.

I am complaining though. Life is good, things are going well, and I just need to change my attitude. I notice too that when I am hungry no one wants to be around me. I snap. My husband says, "Are you hungry or something? You have to be." He is usually right. I hate how I hate to have a good attitude when I don't want to.

I have had a lot of grief lately. You know, the usual. The Wonder Woman mug pretty much sad and lonely somewhere in a gross trash heap----the monstrous red zit on my face (it is finally clearing up a little) that a dear friend has told me to name "Darlene"---and last but not least, the HUGE bruise on my arm from over a week ago when I fell down the stairs. Yes, I fell. Down, down, down and did not break my arm. I almost cried. I tried so hard not to. My oldest saw me walking down and then saw me at the foot . "Oh, wow! Are you ok, Mom?"

"Umm....no."

"Here, let me get you some ice..." pitter patter of nine year old feet, a drawer opens, the freezer opens.
"Sit down here and put this on....oh, I can do school on the floor while you sit on the couch, don't worry..."

What a good kid. And to think I almost wrung his neck today.

So the bruise turned a myriad of colors, and is now on the mend. A friend in the medical field told me that I was truly lucky I did not break it. Wilhelm told me that I will most likely be one of those old ladies who breaks her hip. Probably. And I'll be irritable too, no doubt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, you will NOT be old and irritable. I think that is the worst. I will start a campaign against becoming the norm--old and irritable--and you will join me, please?

R said...

Not sure. I rather like being irritable.

I am just joking. It is the worst to be old and irritable. I do think that a lot of that irritability is contributed by not feeling good. You break down easily. So, when I have the broken hip I will have an excuse. Ok, ok, I will take pills. Ok, ok, I will try to have a good attitude. Fine then.