2/29/2008

Interpretation of Dreams

Eraser Eater is driving me nuts. I love the kid, but he is a strange one.

He recently got a new notebook which he calls his dream notebook. When waking, he jumps from bed and writes directly in his notebook so as to not miss one detail of his dreams. I think he sleeps with his notebook too.

I checked on the Girl last night while she was in bed and found her curled over her new notebook, looking completely uncomfortable. He has influence.

This is the discourse with Eraser Eater lately:

"Mom, where's the darkest room in the house?"

"My room."

I know where this is leading.

"Good. Then I will take a nap there right after lunch. Make sure I eat something that is true napping fuel."

"Well, we have some errands to run this afternoon, so I don't think a nap is going to happen."

He throws his body against the counter, moans, and yells, "But I want to take a nap!!!!" Have you heard such a silly demand before? I swear, that kid can make anything preposterous.

So our days are pretty much engulfed with Eraser Eater whining for a nap, constantly lying down to sleep anywhere and everywhere, and consistently asking for secret tricks to get to sleep during the day.

This morning:

"Dad said that his secret trick to sleeping is turning on the fan. I'm going to try that today."

"Great," I say.


5 comments:

Whistle Britches said...

wow, you have a budding Joseph in your family.
That's very interesting to me.

He's going to spend a lot of time in the right brain thingy whatchmacallit and be very intuitive.
I think.

Dapoppins said...

man, he must be having some really good dreams...!

Mrs. Sinta said...

All the prophetic books say to keep a notebook by your bed and write down your dreams as soon as you wake up so you do not forget them. Then, you can interpret them. That's where things kind of fall through for me. I am not much of an interpreter.

Leslee said...

Lots of exercice helps you sleep too. how much running and jump rope does the kid get?

Avery Gray said...

Sounds like a dream come true to me! I mourned the day my son gave up his naps. If he were to suddenly develop an interest in taking them back up again, I think I might weep with joy, whatever the reason.

Your kids are amazing!