2/01/2008

Let's Pray

I got tagged, so here you go, Nat:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages.)
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

Here is mine:

"Most holy God, the source of all good desires, all right judgments, and all just works: Give to us, your servants, that peace which the world can not give, so that our minds may be fixed on the doing of your will, and that we, being delivered from the fear of all enemies, may live in peace and quietness; through the mercies of Christ Jesus our Savior. Amen."

I realize that is not five sentences, but rather, one big one. I am not typing out five prayers. Sorry. I am sure you wanted to hear them anyway, right? In fact, I picked the prayer in the middle of the page because I would have had to skip to the next page to get to the fifth sentence. Good grief. Those Episcopalians. If this excites you (seriously, like it does me) just get yourself a Book of Common Prayer. But apparently not this version that I picked up next to me, because it is the 1979, which is inferior to the 1928 (according to Dear Sir).

Anyone who wants to play along (I am certain most of you have done this) go ahead.

4 comments:

Gen said...

I'll do mine right here. Um, not exactly sentences, but...

1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

You guessed it. The nearest book was a cookbook. The 2nd nearest book was the phone book.

The book? License to Grill. My husband picked it up on sale at the library. He wants to learn how to grill like a real man. lol!

Avery Gray said...

Well, my closest book was the PCOS book I quoted from yesterday:

"All of these compounds are possible carcinogens. Atrazine inhibits the ability to make testosterone and alters pituitary response to the hormones that oversee ovulation. Links between the herbicide triazine and ovarian cancer have been found for women farmers in Italy."

Really gripping stuff.

R said...

OH Groovy---garlic, cinnamon and olive oil? have you tried this recipe on page 123? Oh for crying out loud!

Avery---Very complicated too! I am sorry you have that. What a bummer.

Gen said...

I haven't tried the recipe. Do you want it? It's for Grilled Lamb and Potato Skewers with Tomato - Green Olive Relish