8/10/2006

Day 3

Last night Dear Sir and I agreed to allow our daughter to sleep on our floor since she was feeling so bad. In the middle of the night I had to cough once.

"Are you ok, Mom?"

"Yes. Go to sleep, honey."

"Whatcha doin' Dad?"

"Sleeping."

"Oh."

She later came to sleep with me on Dear Sir's side of the bed once he left for work. She kept coughing. I gave her some drops and she seemed to like that. I kept falling asleep. I know, what is wrong with me. I slept until almost ten o clock. I have not slept in until ten for hundreds of years. My oldest tried to charm me awake with a "get well" card, and Eraser Eater tried to ask for cough drops to get me up. Finally I did.

I have to tell you, my life is so different from what it used to be. I would usually HAVE to get up because someone needed to be fed or even entertained. Not so anymore. I think Eraser Eater already found something to eat, my oldest SCRAMBLED HIS OWN EGGS (he did wait until I could watch over him though), and I sat by myself and ate my Total.

So when I finish my cereal my daughter (who feels awful) says to me: "Mom, lets go back upstairs and sleep some more. I'm tired and you like sleeping."

Maybe I will take her up on that.

No comments: