3/21/2007

Song

This song is about the harlotry of Israel in Ezekiel. It is also about my own harlotry by putting other things in front of God. This will do for a little light reading! :)

Placed in your heart
the stone and the carved image
I gave all you want
then you turn, a soul imprisoned
I drew you from the open field
where you were cast and abhorred
my garment from the cold, a shield
your body, full, adorned

I will stretch out My Hand
I will give to the fire
I will lay all bare
As you climb in the mire

How lovesick your heart
you built yourself a vaulted chamber
your beauty mirrored death
to run to another savior
twisted love, oh how you've strayed
affections turned, a lofty space
crooked bride, this price the grave
oh how will it be paid

I will stretch out My Hand
I will feed the fire
I will lay all bare
As you climb in the mire

I'll bring you back to Me
My vow sure, love still true
and all will see your shame
but I'll be atonement for you

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Um... Sniffle... *WAH!*