3/06/2008

#2

#2

I can't run on a full bladder. In fact, I can't run with anything in my bladder. If I drink coffee or any other drink an hour before I run, I am constantly stopping and starting my treadmill, taking potty breaks. To me, there's nothing worse than that, so I get in this rush to run almost immediately after I finish a drink of some sort in the morning. 

This has nothing to do with ability, just everything to do with discomfort and annoyance. I think this is why I would never do well in a race. O crud, there's the finish line. Well, those guys are going to beat me cause I gotta go to the bathroom! I would be making full use of those port-a-potties, believe me. 

Everywhere I go I have to plot my mental map to the bathroom. This makes the poor Professor's life only slightly miserable. 

6 comments:

Gen said...

Some nights I have to get up and go to the bathroom up to three times before I actually settle down for the night and fall asleep. I hate getting up to pee when I'm sleeping soundly so I guess I figure I can get it all out before I do. I still usually have to get up in the middle of the night.

And I always pee before I get on the treadmill too. Sometimes I have to stop in the middle of my walk and go. Why put up with a full bladder?

Whistle Britches said...

I'll leave the comments to the ladies on this one.

Anonymous said...

boy, do i sympathise with the prof.

i accept that women have a bladder the size of a pea, but why must they empty it before it is full.

Mrs. Sinta said...

I race, and the way I deal with it is to not drink anything before a race. Every race that is at least 5K dispenses water along the route if you want it, in tiny cups, and water bottles at the end with food. By the end of the race, I am not needing a potty; I need an IV. Oh well.

Pastor X said...

Yet another thing we have in common!

R said...

Groovy---we are so alike it is scary.

Uncle Joe---how kind of you! :)

Ponder---now this is the ten thousand dollar question. If you can answer that it will solve all the venus/mars woes.

Sinta---I see what you are saying. I can drink directly before a run, and that is good. I guess I could run a race in that fashion, but I would have to be hydrated well for days before. I would need an IV too! We are getting up there, aren't we?

Pastor X--I am glad I am not the only one!