7/14/2006

Migraine

My Sister in law and I went to an Ikea with the kids yesterday. It was chaotic. We got lost several times. We dropped some of the kids off at the play land area for a spell, but the time limit there was not nearly enough for any sort of shopping. Not in that place. It was so huge it took us probably ten minutes to find an "Exit" sign. I have never seen anything like it. It had its own parking garage. We continued to try to walk the mall and shop but none of us were having fun. It was ridiculous trying to cart around five kids. I think mine were the main problems too. Mainly the oldest. He just didn't know how to handle himself.

I think he gets tons of energy and he does not know how to expel it. He was hopping on rails and darting around here and there. Half the time I couldn't find him and then he would pop up again. He would not stop running his mouth. He had a sarcastic/inappropriate remark about anything said or done, so it was highly annoying. Take any 10 year old kid and multiply it times a hundred. That was my kid. My sister in law and I kept scolding him about his behavior so soon he would stand back about twenty feet away and yell so we could hear: " I am keeping my distance so you don't shout at me anymore! I won't be in your way here!" He had been literally snapping in people's ears and clapping his hands. I think part of the problem is that he does not go outside EVER. He is petrified of the bugs. There have been many times when he has braved outside and I find him at the edge of the driveway, face streaming with tears, crying out in a loud voice that he needs a guide to get back to the house because the bugs keep attacking him. I make him run on the treadmill to burn energy, but it is not the same.

Last night Dear Sir came home and we were all sitting down to dinner. He rubbed his eyes with his fingers and lifted his eyebrows. "I have a headache," he said, "I have had a continual headache for two days now."

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Maybe it is a margarine," my oldest says knowingly.

"Migraine, you mean," I breathed.

"Yeah, whatever."

No comments: