(This is a Meme Avery tagged me for, do it if you want on your own blog)
8 things I’m passionate about (besides the usuals like homeschooling, my children, etc):
2) Dear Sir's beard and I guess Dear Sir
3) Ridding myself of worms
5) My hatred of coinage
6) Cadbury Eggs
7) Whether or not Eustacia fell in the weir or as my kids would say about a video game, "suicided"
8) Running that extra mile
8 things I want to do before I die (besides the usual, like, see my kids graduate college, make a real album of my songs and whatnot):
1) Write a novel (but this will be my Dead Souls, I am afraid. It will probably end up in the fire)
2) Write a song about the Matrix
3) Go to England, perhaps live there
4) Be a Brit Lit professor and just make people write essays while they hear me rattle on about the weir
5) Rid myself of stretch marks
6) Pull out that Mentos at the perfect time---when I am especially embarrassed that I fell---and gee whiz, would someone know what the heck that means?
7) Wear high heels (don't have any)
8) Become a 'sensational novel' expert
8 things I say often:
1) Gee whiz
3) Good grief
5) That's just crazy
6) I'm gonna...(fill in the blank)
7) That Game Cube is gone
8) I'm going to lose my mind
8 books I’ve read recently:
1) North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
2) Tintin and the Broken Ear by Herge
3) Tintin and the Black Island by Herge
4) The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
5) A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
6) Summer by Edith Wharton
7) Husbands and Wives (short story collection) by W. Somerset Maugham
8) All the Pretty Horses by McCarthy
8 songs that I could listen to over and over:
1) "Part of the Queue" by Oasis
2)"Rock and Roll" by Led Zep
3) "Fear" by Sarah McLachlan
4) "Must I Wait" by Phil Wickham
5) "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House
6) "Warning Sign" by Coldplay
7) "Honey Don't Think" by Grant Lee Buffalo
8) "Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven
8 things that attract me to my best friend:
1) He’s a genius.
2) He’s impossible.
3) He likes me even after I wig out; he is so mature.
4) He teaches me freedom.
5) He’s incredible with the children (much better than I could ever be).
6) He's a freaking enigma.
7) He is firm, decisive (about most things), and uncompromising about the things that matter.
8) He is achingly handsome.
8 things I’ve learned this past year:
1) There are many uses for plastic cutlery
2) My Oldest remembers more about the Bible than I do
3) Getting up early, running for an hour, and eating less sugar helps me sleep at night
4) Don't poke me, I bite
5) Homeschooling Moms (at least many of them) are not as scary as I thought
6) I am a bad driver
7) I subconsciously avoid ironing
8) That I am an adult