6/23/2007

Weekend Update.

Dear Sir had me up till like, one in the morning. I mean, I guess I could have gone to bed, but whenever I do that he always gives me this look and his lip turns down. I think he believes I enjoy how he watches five shows at once. I, being the one without the remote control, can have no emotional attachment to any show he chooses to watch little snippets of. We watched the United 93 movie before he went crazy on the television. It was very good. I don't like how every person gets angry at the government for not being efficient enough to handle the 9-11 attacks and make better decisions, etc. To me, it was an attack that no one expected, and to be very honest, it was a genius attack. Muslims don't care whether they live or die and that is a great advantage they have over us. I think the government has done well preventing further attacks. Of course, there is always more that can be done. I found that a lot of the victims' families (in the documentary part) were not angry at Islam or Bin Laden or the men that did this. I don't know about you, but I would be pretty mad at Islam. I actually felt angry at Islam just watching the film. I think there is nothing wrong with that. I tire of people who say "that is what they want, they want to get at you so don't react the way they want you to." That is different if someone tells you that you are ugly just to make you mad. It is a totally different story when they kill mass amounts of people in the name of Allah just because to them Americans stand for Christianity.

But I probably don't know what I am talking about anyway, so don't mind me.

Today we are going to have a picnic in Great Falls up north. It is just beautiful up there. Last time we went there were helicopters scanning the park and it was a bit frightening. They were all getting rather close and so we wondered whether someone had been on a chase or something. In our area it can get scary because we are so close to the nation's capitol. Hopefully this time we will not have to leave early because of some manhunt. They were looking at Dear Sir for a bit. The helicopter was hovered right over him.

Have a good weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe dear sir has a bald spot on the top of his head, and they were looking at that? The heli was full of men, and they were comparing bald spots, and wondering if they had one like that

Anne said...

I'm one of those "snippet" watchers. I get to watch television so infrequently that I have to get as many shows in at one time while I have control.

jmw said...

BaDoozie--Nah. Dear Sir is not in the least bit bald. Went there again and saw more helicopters. Maybe it is typical. Huh.

Anne--No offense, but I can't stand snippet watchers as you can probably tell! I have had to tolerate them my whole life. When I was a kid I would go in my parents room and watch their messed up mini black and white television. The reception was so bad, but at least I could watch my favorite show---or just hear the sound. Pathetic.

Carolanne said...

Watching a couple of shows at a time is better than having to sit through the ads and most shows these days, you can get the gist of the "story" through snippets and not miss anything.

How was the picnic??

Henny Penny said...

Sure they were helicopters? Maybe they were just really BIG mosquitoes?

We get helicopters in the mountains all the time. They are searching for marijuana. Ack!

Dapoppins said...

There were huge helicopters over here the other day. Was dear sir visiting the Northwest?

Just cause it is what you think and not out of some highly piaid "think-tank" does not mean your opinion isn't valuable! I'd still like ya even if you thought 9-1-1 was a Bush plot. I'd just think you were crazier than I thought.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your opinion of Muslims. Dear Sir looks very Muslim and that is probably why they were circling around him. I don't know if it is the long white dress that he wears or his dark skin and black hair or the protest sign that he frequently carries. The same thing happens to me when I try to board an aircraft to anywhere or get in at a sports event. They always think I have plastic explosives in my purse.